This recipe for Sticky BBQ Slow Cooker Meatballs uses barbecue sauce to make a delicious homemade party appetizer! They are easy to make as the crockpot does most of the work for you.
OK, a few things before we start off:
- Thank you so much for all your lovely responses on my post on Monday! I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling the pressure at times and your nice words seriously made my day (and continue making my week!). You are awesome! ♡
- I’m terribly tired and I’m not yet sure if this post is going to make any sense in the end. I hope it will. We will talk about appetizers in a minute and it’s going to be the best conversation ever (because – food).
- I have a wiggly baby on my lap as I am writing this – please excuse a gazillion typos.
Fantastic, now I feel ready to talk party apps! See those gorgeous meatballs? They are the result of 4 hours of labor – from my crockpot!
I’ve started using my beloved little slow cooker more and more lately, to make delicious things like slow cooker sausage pasta sauce, healthy slow cooker chili or even slow cooker cranberry walnut bread pudding with caramel sauce. And now these easy meatballs.
Really, they couldn’t be any more simple to make. Start with making the meatballs, cook them in a skillet (or use ready-made ones, like I do in these 5 Ingredient Cranberry Glazed Turkey Slow Cooker Meatballs!) and then throw them into your crockpot with some barbecue sauce and a handful of other delicious things and wham! 3-4 hours later you’re ready to start partying with meatballs!
I wish I had made these lovely little guys when Branimir’s family visited on Sunday. Since they only announced themselves on Saturday I really didn’t have much time to prepare a lot of food (and boy, can they eat!) so I needed some quick and easy stuff I could make in advance (because SPOTLESS HOUSE NEEDED when my in-laws are here).
Luckily I have a husband who knows how to cook – an amazing helping hand in moments like this! Now of course they all went for the brownie cookies first before fighting over the peanuts on the table and later the shrimp.
Especially my sister-in-law can’t stop, won’t stop anymore because she is due in a few weeks and well, can we blame her? Growing a little human is incredibly hungry work (and so is feeding one, I would stare down anyone trying to steal my food right now).
Anyways, I got insanely jealous of my brother-in-law who got himself an amazing camera (helloooo if you’re reading, I’m ready to swap!) but I just found out that there might possibly, possibly be a new model coming out early next year and wow, do I wish for a late Christmas present!
Because secret alert: I really hated photography when I started blogging. No, not hated it but I naively assumed that a good camera would just snap amazing pictures without me actually doing anything. As if the picture would just magically compose itself in front of me but no – there’s actually hard work involved.
And lately I’ve really started to enjoy using my camera more and more. I’m actually wishing for some snow so I can go outside and practice beautiful wintery landscapes.
But I digress (told you I was tired). The summary of my story: BIL, pass over your camera. SIL, I’ve got a million sweets stashed here and need someone to help me get through them. You my lovely internet friend: Make yourself some slow cooker meatballs.
For your Christmas party next Saturday. For football on Sunday. For the kids on Friday as a nice start-of-the-holidays treat. Whatever, just make them because oh my, are they awesome!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- OR use ready-made meatballs to make the recipe even easier!
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Salt
- To make the meatballs, mix all ingredients in a large bowl and shape into small meatballs. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add some oil. Cook the meatballs until browned on the outside and entirely cooked through.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, mix all sauce ingredients together. Add to the slow cooker with the meatballs and cook on low for 3-4 hours. The meatballs keep in the slow cooker for another 1-2 hours.
Items used for this recipe: