Blueberry, Corn and Bacon Pancakes Recipe
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground cornmeal or cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cups to 3/4 milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs separated
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels about one ear of corn
- 2 oz bacon chopped
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix milk (starting with 1/2 a cup), maple syrup, melted butter and egg yolks. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Adjust the milk amount tablespoon by tablespoon if the batter seems too thick.
- Add the egg whites and salt to a clean bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Carefully fold into the batter.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a knob of butter or spray with cooking spray. Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle or into the frying pan and sprinkle with blueberries, corn kernels and bacon. Cook for a few minutes or until you start seeing bubbles forming on the surface. Flip and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.