Make this Chicken and Grapes Sheet Pan Dinner as an easy weeknight meal on cozy fall nights. Filled with seasonal vegetables and delicious flavors, this is the kind of food your family will love you for.
Everything is prepared on a single sheet pan – so clean up will be a breeze, too!
A Note from Nora
There aren’t many easy family meals I love more than sheet pan dinners, and this Chicken and Grapes version is an absolute favorite in that department.
Fruit and meat on the same plate may sound strange to some people, but let’s be honest: I’m all about that sweet and salty combination – and this right here is a good one!
How to Make a Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner:
Read on for the detailed step-by-step ingredients and instructions, or scroll down for tips and the printable recipe card.
Watch the video tutorial:
Ingredients for this Sheet Pan Dinner:
- Oil, salt and pepper
- sweet potatoes
- green beans
- blue grapes
For the chicken, I prefer bone-in thighs and drumsticks. You can make it with boneless chicken breast, but do not bake them separately for the first 10 minutes.
You can use regular potatoes in place of the sweet potatoes, small ones that you cut in half are best.
The green beans can be swapped for asparagus, zucchini, broccoli, halved brussels sprouts… Anything that roasts in about 20 minutes.
This is so easy:
- roast chicken for 10 minutes
- add vegetables
- finish roasting for 15-20 minutes
Yes, really! It’s that easy.
Note: Don’t overcrowd the pan!
If you have a large family and want to double this recipe, bake it on two sheet pans. Either use a convection oven for this, or rotate the pans from time to time during the cooking time.
If you double the recipe and pack it all on one sheet pan, it will get soggy instead of roasted.
Grab the printable recipe here:
Chicken and Grapes Sheet Pan Dinnermade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
- 1.5 pounds chicken (I used bone-in thighs and drumsticks)
- Oil (salt and pepper)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 pound green beans (trimmed)
- 1 large bunch dark grapes (washed)
- 1 large onion (cut into wedges)
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 420°F. Place the chicken on a lightly oiled sheet pan and season with oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven (it will be hot!). Push the chicken aside and add the sweet potato to one half of the sheet pan. Place the chicken pieces on top of the sweet potatoes. Put the green beans and the grapes on the other half of the pan. Scatter the onion wedges all over and season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for another 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes and beans are tender and chicken is done. If using fresh rosemary sprigs, add them to the sheet pan 10 minutes before the cooking time is up.