Cinnamon Brown Sugar Plum Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cups butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 lb plums pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 320° F. Line the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides well.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer whip the butter until it turns creamy and small peaks form. Add the sugar and continue beating until the sugar is starting to dissolve, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until the batter is light in color and even in texture.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda into the bowl and fold into the egg mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Spread the batter evenly in the springform pan. Scatter the plums on top. Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 60 minute or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan before serving.