This Cinnamon Orange Stuffed French Toast is absolutely amazing! Served with a quick homemade Cranberry Sauce for a tangy and sweet breakfast treat!
FRENCH TOAST! STUFFED! WITH SAUCE! I ♡ this forever and ever.
You may not yet know this about me but I’m really, really boring when it comes to breakfast.
Everyday I get up, make myself a bowl of oatmeal (in the microwave of course because I’m absolutely and truly the opposite of a morning person) and top it with half a cup of apple sauce. Errrry morning.
OK, maybe I’m obsessed with stuffed french toast recipes.
And it’s not like you’ll need a year to make them either.
Oatmeal may have a point in being all healthy and good for you and SUPER quick but sometimes, sometimes I just NEED to indulge in the morning. With tangy cranberries and lots of cinnamon-y orange flavors and creamy mascarpone YUMS! (Or with lots of cheese but that’s another story.)
Before I revert back to my comfy oatmeal mornings.
Because comfort = love.
Seriously though. This French Toast! Did I mention it’s amazing? No? OK. It’s A-to-the-mazing times infinity and beyond. NO LIES!
It’s amazing because it’s full of oh-so-festive flavors. Have you ever paired cinnamon with oranges and mixed it all up in mascarpone?
No? You should try it because I could eat this stuff with a spoon. (And shhhh, sometimes I do.) Best of all they are coated in a super-thick and delicious batter which was totally my idea.
OK, I lied and it was really Branimir’s idea. I was getting frustrated because the French Toast just wouldn’t turn out as thick and fluffy as I wanted it to so he came to the rescue and whipped up a batter. With lots of good things like flour, milk and eggs. EGGS. Look at some eggs with me.
Also, one more reason why this Cinnamon Orange Stuffed French Toast with Cranberry Sauce is my new best friend. Exactly, because of the cranberry sauce.
It’s so fruity and perfectly tangy to balance the sweetness of the mascarpone filling. Not to mention it makes the French Toast look all pretty and fresh and just really, really good.
Did I eat all of these by myself? You bet I did.
Oh and FYI: I always get SUPER excited when you make my recipes so don’t forget to share on Instagram and #savorynothings to give me an actual reason to jump up and down, clapping my hands!
Cinnamon Orange Stuffed French Toast with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
To Make the Cranberry Sauce
- 7 oz fresh cranberries 200g
- 1/4 cup water 59ml
- 1/2 cup Juice from one orange
- 1/2 cup sugar or more, depending on how tangy you want your sauce to be, 100-150
- Zest from 1/2 an orange finely grated
To Make the French Toast
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese 250g, or substitute cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Zest from 1/2 an orange finely grated
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 8 slices large white bread
- Start with making the cranberry sauce. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the cranberries are cooked and the liquid has thickened into a syrup.
- Meanwhile, make the French Toast. Start by making the filling. In a small bowl mix together the Mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, orange zest and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- To make the batter whisk together the eggs, milk, flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Divide the Mascarpone filling evenly between 4 slices of bread. Make sure to leave half an inch on all edges to avoid spilling. Top with the remaining bread and gently push down the edges to seal.
- One at a a time, dip the stuffed toast into the batter and generously coat (this can get a bit messy). Cook in the hot frying pan until both sides are golden and puffy.
- Serve hot with the cranberry sauce.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
Recipe and styling inspired by Pinch of Yum.