Cinnamon Sugar Waffles with Rosé Berries
- 2-3 cups mixed berries
- enough Rosé to cover the berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 batch of your favorite waffle batter
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- Taste test the Rosé. Then place the berries in a container that fits into your fridge, cover them with Rosé and chill for up to 24 hours. The longer, the boozier.
- When you're ready to eat, mix the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Bake the waffles in your waffle iron. Making them mini is adorable. toss the waffles in the cinnamon sugar while they're still hot (important!).
- Serve as waffles à la mode (= with ice cream on top) and boozy berries, or slightly smash the berries and place them between two ice cream laden waffles for a boozy ice cream sandwich.