- 12 oz Mafaldine pasta (340g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (45ml)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes (halved, 900g)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (15g)
- 1/2 cup red wine (120ml)
- 1 tablespoon butter (15g)
- 3.5 oz Pecorino cheese (half cubed and half shredded, 100g)
- Black pepper
- Bunch of basil (chopped)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add sugar and season with salt to taste.
- Stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking for another minute. Pour the wine into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for a few minutes before adding the butter.
- Add the Pecorino cubes to the pan and gently heat through. Add the cooked pasta and grated cheese to the pan. Increase heat and continue cooking until everything is hot.
- Top with black pepper and basil before serving.