Mascarpone with Port Marinated Figs Recipe
For the Port Marinated Figs
- 12 dried figs quartered
- 2/3 cup port wine
For the Mascarpone Cream
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 whole grain cookies or graham crackers
To Make the Port Marinated Figs
- Combine the figs and the port in a small dish. Cover and let sit for up to 24 hours but at least overnight.
To Make the Mascarpone Cream
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Refrigerate up to 24 hours until ready to use.
- Drain the figs and add the liquid to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Crumble the cookies into six glasses. Top with mascarpone cream and add the figs on top. Drizzle with the reduced port.