Mushroom Crêpes with Poached Eggs Recipe
For the Crêpes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter plus more for cooking
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 10.5 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1.5 oz white cooking wine
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Poached Eggs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter. Sift in flour. Add the salt and whisk into a smooth batter.
- Heat a medium sized nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil. Pour batter into the pan until the surface is covered in a thin layer. Cook for approximately 45 seconds on each side or until the edges turn slightly up.
- Set aside on a covered plate.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Add the shallots and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until they have softened. Deglaze with the white wine and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add parsley and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add two tablespoons of vinegar and educe to heat to a light simmer.
- Crack the egg into a small cup. Using a spatula or a cooking spoon stir the water to create a circular flow. Drop the egg into the middle of the water in one fluid motion.
- Give the water another gentle stir and cook the egg for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the mushroom filling between the crêpes and roll up or fold over. Serve with a poached egg on top.