One Pot Pea and Corn Pasta: The perfect quick and easy dinner recipe! With just 5 minutes prep time, nothing can beat this creamy vegetarian meal.
It is no secret that I’m a big supporter of the one pot movement.
There’s several more, but I just realized I might also be a big supporter of the frozen pea movement. What can I say – those little guys are just so convenient!
really don’t feel like lack the time for cooking, I throw a bunch of stuff into my favorite pot and call it a day.
Sometimes it turns out to be the kind of disaster you bravely eat through just to make a point, while your husband is telling you how he cannot possibly stomach this concoction. ← been there
And sometimes it turns into wonderful magic you cannot possibly live without.
Now when I make this one pot pea and corn pasta it serves two purposes: I don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. 5 minutes prep, tops.
But also, Em loves practicing with her little training fork. We have a super simple one with no sharp zines, similar to the ones you can see here*.
She spikes up single corn kernels and peas and basically she would need a day to finish her bowl of pasta. It’s a good thing she doesn’t have much patience (I wonder where that’s coming from, certainly not from me? HA!), because she usually caves pretty quickly and switches to a spoon.
That makes for a not-hungry toddler, and a not-haunted-by-pea-and-corn-nightmares mom. I’m not lightly admitting this, but these days that’s a pretty big accomplishment in our house.
The teenage years get easier, right?
Here’s the printable One Pot Pea and Corn Pasta recipe for you:
- 12 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni, 340g, or other small pasta shapes
- 2 cups AND 1/2 water, 625ml
- 2 cups AND 1/2 milk, 625ml, any kind works
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups frozen peas, 200g
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, 150g
- 3/4 cup low fat cream cheese, 170g
- Bunch of fresh parsley and basil, chopped
- Add the pasta, water, milk and seasoning to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and corn and cook for another 5 minutes or until the pasta is done.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the cream cheese and chopped herbs. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
Don’t forget to follow our 30 Minute Meal board on Pinterest!
Need some extra inspiration for quick and easy dinner recipes? Here are more meals you can put on the table in just 30 minutes:
Honey Garlic Salmon Quinoa Bowl from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Maple Ginger Beef from The Recipe Rebel
Pesto Gnocchi with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Asparagus from Flavor the Moments
Grilled Romaine Salad with Roasted Chickpeas and Tomatoes from Floating Kitchen
Baked Pork Chops with a Cinnamon Glaze from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.