This One Pot Pizza Gnocchi Pasta recipe is an all-in-one dinner, complete with delicious pizza flavors! Sure to please your family come supper time.
I don’t use many pre-made foods around here, but making Gnocchi from scratch takes some serious time!
Way back when I was just out of school and working as a nanny, I often used to make Gnocchi pasta from scratch for the kids’ lunch.
They loved it! But they were all school-age and I had all the time in the world to work in the kitchen while they were away.
Now that I have a sweet and demanding little girl (and loads of laundry to do) I find that it’s not very practical to do something so labor-intense for our everyday meals.
The gist of the kids’ favorite recipe has stayed the same, I have just made it a bit easier and faster.
Whenever I pulled the casserole dish full of Gnocchi in bubbly sauce and covered in melty cheese out of the oven they’d jump for joy – and I’m sure your family will love this 30 minute version as well!
I actually timed myself in the kitchen when I made this for us last week. I wanted to make sure I’m not exaggerating how easy this is to make! It was on the table in 25 minutes.
Savory Supper win 😉
By the way, are you following my 30 minute meal Pinterest board yet? Me and some of my friends are always pinning our favorite quick and easy recipes there, lots of dinner inspiration!
Here’s the printable recipe for one pot pizza gnocchi pasta:
One Pot Pizza Gnocchi Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 ounce roasted red pepper strips NOT drained (or use whole roasted peppers and chop them yourself)
- 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 pounds gnocchi pasta
- 8 ounces mozzarella slices or use shredded
- Heat the oil in a very large oven-save skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery and cook until starting to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the pepperoni, dried herbs and tomato paste and roast for one minute, stirring often.
- Add the roasted red peppers WITH the brine from the jar and stir very well. Stir in the diced tomatoes and gnocchi pasta and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- To finish, layer the cheese on top and broil until melted, about 3 minutes.
It’s 30 Minute Thursday again!
Every first Thursday of the month, we’re sharing a whole bunch of too-good-to-pass-up meals. And the best part? They can all be whipped up in 30 minutes!
Here are eight more dinners you should immediately check out:
Baked Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup by Kristine’s Kitchen
30-Minute Cheesy Mexican Rice Skillet by Flavor the Moments
Skinny Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta by Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry with Orange by Floating Kitchen
One Pot BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Rice by The Recipe Rebel
Kale Pesto Pasta with Tofu by She Likes Food
Garlic Butter Monte Cristo Pull-Apart Sliders by Whole and Heavenly Oven