Are you wondering how to make a simple homemade vegetarian dinner in just 15 minutes? This One Pot Vegetable Lo Mein is just the recipe you need!
This is so easy, you don’t even need Chinese noodles for it!
Just cook the spaghettini along with plenty of frozen veggies and watch how it transforms into a healthy meal, complete with a yummy sauce!
Sometimes I really lack the motivation to cook. I guess we all have those moments at one point or another!
I don’t really like to reach for take-out food on those nights, because it’s expensive and I don’t know what went into it.
I’ve been having lots of fun making variations of my one pot pasta dishes. One of the things we’ve been enjoying a lot lately is this Asian spin on it.
What I love most about this vegetable lo mein is that it’s packed with vegetables. Yet you don’t need to chop a single one yourself – apart from the scallions.
This means it comes together in 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes!
You don’t even need to do much, all ingredients go into the pot and it just cooks itself into dinner.
You can even add some leftover cooked and diced chicken breast or a different meat if you like.
Totally customizable, and ready in 20 minutes. What’s not to love?!
Here’s the printable vegetable lo mein recipe:
One Pot Vegetable Lo Mein
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce 80ml
- 3 2/3 cups vegetable broth (chicken is fine too) 870ml
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger optional
- 2 bags frozen stir fry vegetables 16oz bags (450g), no need to thaw
- 12 ounces spaghettini pasta about 4 cups or 340g
- Chopped scallions
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the spaghettini are cooked through.
- If you feel there's not enough sauce left in the end, stir in another splash of soy sauce or broth. Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped scallions.