Get this, another spiralizer recipe on the blaahg: Sweet potato noodle salad, yes baby yes!
Admittedly, there aren’t that many others.
Uhm, OK. So far, there’s only a handful.
And by handful, I do mean a single one. Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Mango Salsa.
Which is RIDICULOUS, because I love spiralizing allthethings.
This was my second time spiralizing sweet potatoes, and I can tell you with one hundred percent assurance, I ♡ sweet potato noodles.
Look, so pretty:
I think it goes without saying that THIS salad right here is going to be our hot weather safe spot when it comes to eating.
Word of advice: Once you’ve tasted it, there’s no going back. You’ll be wanting to eat nothing else for the rest of summer.
You’ve been warned.
There are so many lovely things mingling in this pretty bowl. Gently roasted corn. Black beans (from a can, because #basic). Chopped red onion.
Baby kale! I didn’t even know that was a thing. It’s peppery like arugula, but kind of a little smaller and cuter and less rough.
But now comes the part I’m REALLY excited about:
This dressing slash pesto.
It is full of the good things, like avocado, cilantro (or flat leaf parlsey, if you’re like me and have a cilantro-hating husband at home ? OK I’ve made it both ways, and both are delicious), red onion and MACADMIA NUTS.
So decadent and so delicious. The nuts give it a pesto-like consistency, which we all know is fab on any kind of noodle.
You can make this pesto kind of sauce for regular pasta, too, and I think it would be delicious on zucchini noodles.
It works SO well as a dressing here, and it has me all sorts of exciting because it’s wonderfully easy to whip up.
In fact, I should probably dedicate it its own post some day, but for now it will happily live in a passionate liasion with this sweet potato noodle salad.
See how it’s begging you to make it? ?
Watch how to make southwestern sweet potato noodle salad:
Get the southwestern sweet potato noodle salad recipe here:
Southwestern Sweet Potato Noodle Salad with Avocado Pesto
For the salad:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ear corn kernels cut off
- 1 sweet potato spiralized
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 cups baby kale (or other greens)
For the avocado pesto dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime juice only
- bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- salt + pepper to taste
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat. Roast the corn until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the second teaspoon olive oil in the pan and add the sweet potato noodles. Toss gently until piping hot, then pour in about 3 tablespoons of water. Keep tossing until the water has evaporated. Repeat until the noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, pulse all pesto ingredients in a mini food processor until a sauce forms.
- Toss the corn, sweet potato noodles, remaining salad ingredients and dressing in a large salad bowl just before serving.