This Homemade Tropical Coconut Oil Granola recipe is full of sunshine flavors that will leave you dreaming of the caribbean! So much healthier than store-bought!
Back in my teenage years when I was still living at home I sometimes had quite a rough time with my mum. But who doesn’t?
And especially for teen girls there are so many things to fight over with your mother. Borrowed her shirt without asking for the hundredth time? Fight. Not home on time? Fight.
Picked out all the banana chips from the granola again? Fight.
Yes, I admit it.
I’m a Goodies-out-of-the-Granola-Picker. Especially when there are banana chips and dried pineapples involved.
I don’t even have control over it, my hand just wanders off into the granola jar and whoops… The granola is suddenly just a pile of oats and raisins (because raisins just don’t do it for me).
So when Branimir and me got bored with our usual breakfast routine a few weeks ago I remembered my shenanigans with granola. And I wanted to make my own so I can completely overload it with all the good things.
I made some, twice. It was heavenly.
The only problem was that, being pregnant and having developed the appetite of a starving grizzly bear, the granola didn’t last very long. And it’s quite a lot of work for a few (grizzly-sized) snacks.
So Branimir and me kept saying we’d make granola again. Today, tomorrow, next weekend. But we never did.
“Let’s make granola” has become a kind of running gag around here (yeah, I know, we are hilarious). But standing in front of the dried fruit shelf in the supermarket the other day I had the sudden urge to really make some granola again.
So I did. And it’s glorious.
Full of sunshine flavors, perfect for summer time and best of all: No raisins but plenty of banana chips!
Here’s the printable Homemade Tropical Coconut Oil Granola recipe for you:
Homemade Tropical Coconut Oil Granola
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 3 cups rolled oats 275g
- 1 cup cashew nuts roughly chopped, 150g
- 1 cup flaked coconut 75g
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (or your favorite vegetable oil), 60ml
- 2/3 cup honey 200g
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar 50g
- 1 cup dried mango chopped, 100g
- 2/3 cup dried pineapple chunks chopped, 100g
- 1 1/2 cups banana chips chopped, 100g
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread oats on the baking tray and roast for 10 minutes in the oven, stirring once.
- In a large bowl combine cashew nuts, flaked coconut and salt with the roasted oats.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, honey and sugar. Add to the oat-nut mixture and combine thoroughly with your hands until everything is coated.
- Spread on the baking tray and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and mix in the dried fruit. Let cool down and store in airtight containers.