The vegan hot chocolate recipe of your dreams: It’s easy to make, ultra sweet and creamy – and made from 100% healthy and wholesome ingredients! Just the Christmas treat you’ve been looking for.
“Is it 11am already?” I ask my husband. “How?! I still haven’t done any kind of work today!”
That’s how today started. Sluggish. Tired. Slow.
It gets to me. I get erratic. Restless. Yet I can’t seem to get anything done on those days.
I sit down at my computer… Only to get up again 15 seconds later because some kid needs something from me.
I park myself on my chair again… But I feel unmotivated. So I browse my fashion board on Pinterest, aimlessly, wandering through the depths of the shallow internet.
What am I thinking?
That’s not going to make you money to feed your family, says the voice in my head. That’s not how you’re pursuing your mission of saving the world.
Go big or go home, right? Right.
But the day drags on… And I’m stuck like a chewing gum on hot asphalt you accidentally stepped in.
Once the afternoon nap is over and I’m still at zero, I decide to just give up and make hot cocoa – it is December and snowing after all.
“Siri, play Christmas carols!” I bark at my trusted assistant. And I get to work:
Coconut. Cashews. Soak them in boiling water.
I wonder if the water is still too hot as I pour it into my Vitamix. Cocoa powder. Dates because we want this sweet and creamy. Spices. And don’t forget the salt!
As it blends, my 3 year old hides her head between her knees. The one year old couldn’t care less. Savage.
And then we’re cuddled up underneath a furry blanket, a snuggle of girls on either side, sharing a steaming mug of hot chocolate while the snow is silently falling from the sky outside.
What I never expected
Suddenly it dawns on me: This is not zero. This is everything.
Living slow. Embracing the love that’s already around us.
A million words on the sustainability of cow’s milk aren’t going to help save the world. A mug of creamy, decadent vegan hot chocolate is.
Just like I said yesterday, I want to help you make ethical and healthful choices even around the holidays.
Think about it. Feel about it. You CAN be change.
And you can be change with a whole lot of love ♡
Try it for yourself – get the recipe to make your vegan hot chocolate:
Vegan Hot Chocolate
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 4 dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup optional for a sweeter drink
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Place the water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the coconut and cashews, cover with a lid and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour everything in a strong blender and add the remaining ingredients. DO NOT this if you have a blender that can't blend hot liquids. You need to be able to open a vent in the lid (such as the Vitamix has) and cover it with a kitchen towel while blending. Otherwise the steam might cause the lid to blow off the blender. If you don't have such a blender, see the recipe notes!
- Blend the ingredients until smooth, creamy and frothy - about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately with a jingle and a bell.
P.S: Striving towards a healthy, ethical and future-friendly lifestyle? Me too! Click here to sign up to be eMail friends – I’d love for you to be part of this journey.