My Favourite Millet Porridge
Millet porridge is a healthy way to start the day. This vegan and gluten free breakfast will warm you right up!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 filling bowls
- 1 cup millet
- 3 cups rice milk or your fave plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon date sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 grated tonka bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- To serve: an extra splash of milk nuts, seeds, granola, berries... Whatever toppings you love ☺️
Rinse the millet, then place in a small pot with the milk, sugar, spices and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the millet is done. Stir in the cashew butter and a little extra milk if needed to make it creamy. Serve with your fave toppings.
This makes breakfast for 2 hungry people or 3-4 less hungry ones. I'm always hungry, so I definitely eat half of this topped with plenty of grain free granola!