Winter Fruit Salad
This Winter Fruit Salad is a great way to eat fresh fruit during the colder months. It makes a healthy addition to any Christmas, New Year's or other holiday gathering.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
- Juice from 1 small orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 crisp apples diced (preferably red-skinned ones for pretty looks)
- 1 small firm pear, diced
- 1 large orange peeled and filleted, filets cut bite-sized
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and segmented (filet if their skin is thick)
- 2 firm but ripe kiwis peeled and diced
- 1 firm persimmon diced
- 1/2 pomegranate arils only
Make the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a small jam jar, screw on the lid and shake well. Set aside until ready to use.
Make the salad: Place all ingredients in a large bowl (or arrange on a platter if you have enough time on your hands!). Mix with the dressing and serve immediately.
If you need to make this ahead of time, toss the apples and pear with lemon juice right after cutting. Keep the fruit in separate containers until ready to mix. Add the dressing just before serving.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 61.1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.5mg