One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
Make dinner easy tonight with this One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta! It comes together in a single pot (even the pasta cooks right in the sauce!) for super speedy cleanup.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3 cups water or more, depending on your pasta (some kinds need more liquid, but you can add more as it cooks)
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 oz small pasta shapes regular, high fiber or whole wheat all work - though higher fiber pastas may need more liquid than regular
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or more to taste
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes sour cream, cilantro, avocado, lime…
Brown meat: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Stir in the onion and celery and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in the taco seasoning.
Add remaining ingredients: Pour water and salsa over the meat mixture. Add the pasta, red pepper, corn, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until sauce has thickened and pasta is done (about 10-15 minutes, depending on your pasta). Depending on the thickness of your pasta, you may need to add up to 1 extra cup of water during cooking if it's looking dry.
Finish: Once pasta is done, take the skillet off the heat. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed. Stir in the cheese and let the pasta sit for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 601mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 42.6mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4.3mg