Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Whip up a batch of these Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies if you’re in need of a quick and healthy snack for the kids.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 25 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup oat flour just process 1 heaping cup of old fashioned oats until finely ground, OR use whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax OR chia seeds OR regular ground flax
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil OR butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Prep: Preheat the oven to 360°Line two baking sheets.
Make Cookies: Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Scoop the cookies with a cookie scoop or tablespoon, placing about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. Slightly flatten and shape the cookies (they will not change during baking).
Bake: Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight contianer for up to 3 days.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg