Quinoa Spinach Salad with Asparagus
Quinoa Spinach Salad with Asparagus is a delicious and healthy salad that’s perfect for an easy lunch! Add it to your meal prep list next week - you’ll love this one!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa rinsed
- 1 pound asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Grated parmesan or balsamic vinegar optional
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 10 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 ounce parmesan shavings
Start with the cooked ingredients:
Cook the quinoa: Place the rinsed quinoa in a saucepan, add water and cook according to package directions. Once done, take off the heat, drain, and carefully rinse under cold water to chill. Drain well.
Roast the asparagus: Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C). Place the asparagus on a sheet pan in a single layer. Toss with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until done. Sprinkle with parmesan or drizzle with balsamic vinegar if you like.
Make the salad:
To eat right away: Gently toss all prepped ingredients with the dressing and serve immediately.
To store: Keep prepped ingredients in separate containers as directed in the post and store in the fridge for up to two days.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7835IU | Vitamin C: 41.3mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 5.5mg