One Skillet Lasagna
One Skillet Lasagna is one of the easiest dinner recipes you can make on a weeknight. Cooked in one single skillet for easier clean up, you get all the lasagna flavors without the hassle!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes
- 12 oz short pasta shapes, uncooked I used broken up Mafaldine because they look a little like lasagna noodles!
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- Garnish: shredded mozzarella grated Parmesan cheese optional
Brown the beef: Add the beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until browned, adding a touch of olive oil if necessary.
Cook the vegetables: Add the finely chopped vegetables to the skillet with the beef and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until softened.
Season and deglaze: Add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning and tomato paste to the pan. Stir until mixed in well. Pour in the beef broth, scratching the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
Cook the pasta: Add the diced tomatoes and uncooked pasta to the skillet, making sure to stir everything in until the pasta is covered with liquid. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the pasta is done, about 10-15 minutes.
Finish the dish: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup cream cheese until melted. If you like, sprinkle the top of the pasta with another 1/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of parmesan. Cover and let sit for 4-5 minutes or until the cheeses have melted.
Please refer to the post for extra tips!
Nutrition is an estimate without the extra cheese for garnish, as that will be individual.
Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1313mg | Potassium: 1190mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3040IU | Vitamin C: 39.6mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 5.8mg