Cheddar Bacon Baked Egg Cups
Cheddar Bacon Baked Egg Cups are an easy and delicious breakfast recipe you can meal prep or make ahead and freeze.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 egg cups
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1 red pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup chopped turkey bacon OR regular bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan well (OR use 12 silicone muffin cups).
Mix all ingredients for the egg muffins together in a medium bowl. Evenly divide between the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg muffins are firm to the touch and cooked through.
To defrost, heat in the oven (or in the microwave if you’re not a weirdo like I am) until piping hot all the way through before eating
- cool down, then place on a lined baking sheet in a single layer. freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm before placing into bags or containers to freeze
- use bags or containers suitable for freezing and label with the name and use-by date (freeze for up to 3 months)
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 86mg | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.6mg