- 8 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup chopped turkey bacon (OR regular bacon)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan well (OR use 12 silicone muffin cups).
- Mix all ingredients for the egg muffins together in a medium bowl. Evenly divide between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg muffins are firm to the touch and cooked through.
Step by Step Recipe Video
- cool down, then place on a lined baking sheet in a single layer. freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm before placing into bags or containers to freeze
- use bags or containers suitable for freezing and label with the name and use-by date (freeze for up to 3 months)
Cooking Tips:Grease the muffin cups: Seriously, oil the cups. Or you’ll resent yourself. You can technically bake these in nonstick silicone liners, but I really don’t want to bake in silicone because I’m special like that. Chop well: Chopping everything evenly and small enough does three things:
- it helps distribute all the mix-ins evenly
- it makes the egg cups easier to eat if everything is bite-sized
- everything cooks evenly
More recipe informationJoin my Newsletter to Get Recipes in Your Inbox
WHAT TO HAVE WITH BAKED EGG CUPS FOR BREAKFAST:
These are really versatile! You can make a fully balanced meal, or go low carb/keto with your sides (why though, sadness).
Here are some of our favorite sides:
- some fruit and toast/bread/bagel
- a breakfast salad! no really, a chopped salad of cucumber/tomatoes/peppers is so delicious, but I have this more during the summer
- nuts and cheese, if you need some no-reheat ideas for a to-go breakfast
- avocado is one of my favorite sides with all things eggs – which is also why I put them together in my Avocado Egg Salad