Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Savory Nothings follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- we do not collect more information than is necessary;
- we do not use your data for purposes other than those specified;
- we do not keep your data if it is no longer needed.
Savory Nothings may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated 05/04/2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information you choose to submit to the website. This includes information such as your name and email address. For example, if you choose to leave a comment, subscribe to a newsletter, enroll in a course or submit a contact form, you will voluntarily submit information to the Website. Most of the Website can be accessed without any form of registration, but some services may require you to provide personal data. If you choose to withhold personal data requested by us in these cases, it may not be possible for you to perform certain interactions or for us to respond to your query.
- Information we collect from others. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you have an account with Gravatar and choose to leave a comment on the Website, your profile picture will appear (your eMail address will never be publicly visible).
- Automatically-Collected Information. We automatically collect certain usage information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links, pages viewed, the dates/times when you accessed the Website and other such information. We may further collect demographic information, such as your postcode, preferences and interests.
- Cookies. We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies may also be used by third parties, such as:
Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is anonymous.
Facebook – Cookies and pixels are used to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. We may use a cookie to learn whether someone who saw an ad on Facebook later visited our website or signed up for our newsletter.
Thrive Themes – Cookies are used to determine if you have subscribed to a newsletter and to make newsletter subscription boxes more relevant to you.
Affiliate Marketing Sites – The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use it to operate and maintain the Website;
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests;
- We may use personal information to improve our products and services;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- We may use your information to provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
When you give your explicit consent, we may share your information with third parties.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address.
www.savorynothings.com uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings page. Users can completely block Google Analytics tracking using Google’s Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
Thrive Leads – this service is used to provide signup forms for our newsletter and other free resources. Thrive Leads stores your name and email address to send it to ConvertKit for delivery of email updates, newsletters and free resources.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Third Party Advertising
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Savory Nothings (savorynothings.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca and other Amazon stores worldwide. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. Your individual behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If Savory Nothings chooses to send out newsletter updates in the future and we have your email address on file, you may receive a copy of our newsletter. However, at the bottom of every newsletter will be an easy way to opt-out. The editors of our site hate SPAM as much as you and have no intention of filling up e-mail boxes with unwanted messages. You may also notify us at [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
Contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that we have about you
- Correct any information that we have about you
- Delete information that we have about you
For such inquiries or for any additional questions about Savory Nothings’ collection and storage of data, please contact us at [email protected]
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at [email protected]