Pineapple BBQ Chicken Kabobs
An easy grilling recipe for summer!
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 kabobs
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 small green peppers cut into 1.5 inch squares
- 2 small red peppers cut into 1.5 inch squares
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- 2 cups pineapple chunks canned or fresh both work
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice use juice from can, or drippings from slicing fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Assemble kabobs: Thread chicken, both peppers, onion and pineapple chunks alternately on skewers.
Marinate: Whisk together barbecue sauce, pineapple juice and soy sauce. Place the kabobs in a shallow dish and brush with about 1/3 of the marinade (make sure to spoon it out first and then brush it on, do not dip the dirty brush back into the fresh marinade). Marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Grill: Place kabobs on a lightly oiled grill over medium heat. Grill for 12-15 minutes (or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender), turning often, and brushing with the remaining marinade.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1145IU | Vitamin C: 84.1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.8mg