Cheesy Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie Casserole
Make dinner time easy with this Cheesy Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie Casserole recipe! Full of delicious flavors your whole family will love!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chopped peppers 130g, about 2 small
- 1/4 cup chopped onions 45g, about 1 small
- 3/4 cup corn kernels 140g
- 12 ounces cooked and shredded chicken 340g
- 1 cup salsa 225g
- 1 cup barbecue sauce 250g
- 1 1/4 cups cornbread mix 155g
- 1/3 cup sour cream 75g
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese 120g
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Heat the oil in an oven safe skillet (about 9 inches (23cm) wide). Add the peppers, onion and corn and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Take off the heat and stir in the shredded chicken, salsa and barbecue sauce. Flatten and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
In a medium bowl stir together the cornbread mix, sour cream, egg and melted butter. Gently spread over the casserole filling, careful not to mix them together. Leave a small edge to allow steam to escape.
Bake for 15-20 minute in the middle of the preheated oven.
Scatter the cheese over the top and finish baking for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is all bubbly and melted.