- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Taco seasoning (I used a homemade mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Add oil, lime juice and seasoning to a large salad bowl and combine well.
- Add all other ingredients and toss well. Serve cold.
- Feel free to use just one kind of beans, or use whatever cooked beans you have on hand. I’ve made this salad many different ways, and it’s always delicious.
- If you don’t have any fresh limes, use bottled lime juice or apple cider vinegar instead.
- For a lighter salad, try reducing the olive oil and using more lime juice instead.
StorageThe salad keeps well for a day in the fridge. I recommend adding the avocado right before serving though, it tends to turn brown otherwise.
This is such a quick, easy and healthy Mexican bean salad! It’s simple to make and goes perfectly with grilled meat. I would usually bring it to a summer cookout, a backyard BBQ or a picnic… But I guess this year I’ll just make it for our own small Cinco de Mayo festivities – it’s still perfect.