Pasta with Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipe – subtly flavored by sun dried tomatoes and providing lots of wholesome plant-based protein from white beans!
This is such an easy dinner recipe – I love how it’s filled with vegetables and a lot of flavor, but can be made super quickly.
I first started making this one years ago on a babysitting job for a super crunchy Earth mama family, and I’ve fallen in love ever since.
If you’re a fan of delicious vegan/vegetarian meals: This one is for you!
Pasta with Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta preferably small shapes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes chopped, about 8 pieces
- 1 (15-oz) can white beans
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside, saving ¼ cup of cooking water.
- In a large sauté pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Put the broccoli and cauliflower into the pan and roast for approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and roast for another 2 minutes before adding the sun dried tomatoes and white beans.
- After 1-2 minutes deglaze with the white wine. Add the cooked pasta with the reserved cooking water to the vegetables and gently toss together. Heat through and serve immediately.