- 12.5 oz boneless (skinless chicken breast)
- Salt (pepper, paprika)
- 7 oz whole wheat pasta (preferably small shapes)
- 4 baby gem lettuce (shredded)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 slice whole grain bread OR 4 tablespoons store bought croutons
- 4 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parmesan (grated)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Pat the chicken dry and cut into strips. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Grill from both sides until done, about 5 minutes. Let cool and then slice into bite-sized pieces.
- To make the dressing whisk all the ingredients together until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- If you are making your own croutons, cut the slice of bread into small cubes and dry fry in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until golden crispy.
- To assemble the salad put the chicken and pasta into a large bowl. Add the lettuce and tomatoes together with the dressing and mix everything until evenly coated. Top with the croutons and serve immediately.