Almond Blueberry Overnight Oats are an easy, healthy breakfast you can prep the night before. It will turn into a pot of creamy and delicious oats – your kids will love it!
There’s nothing better than a simple make ahead breakfast on busy school mornings. For more overnight oat ideas, see my Vanilla Strawberry Overnight Oats, or make my Basic Overnight Oats and customize to your liking!
Overnight oats are really popular in some European countries. No, seriously.
Overnight oats are appropriate for breakfast, lunch, as a snack and even for dinner here. You can buy them packaged at the supermarket. True story.
A few years ago, overnight oats started taking over Pinterest – and I kind of laughed at it, because I thought it’s ridiculous to make such a huge deal out of something so simple.
Fast forward a few years, and I now have a kindergartener and a preschooler at home. And make ahead breakfasts have become my life savers!
There’s no way I can a) shower b) get the kids dressed and c) make a healthy breakfast… And even less so if the baby is fussy in the morning, too.
But recipes like my almond Blueberry Overnight Oats make it all possible!
- I can prep them the night before in about 10 minutes
- They’re portable if we need them to be
- The oats, protein from the yogurt and fruit keep us full all morning
Best thing: The kids absolutely love these almond blueberry overnight oats. I don’t know if it’s because they get them in their own individual little jars, or because they’re so sweet and creamy.
All I know is that I feel like supermom because I dish up a healthy breakfast with a smile. And that smile is there because I had time to make coffee first.
Make ahead breakfasts really are the best and it’s not always overnight oats! We love these blueberry overnight oats just as much as we love my Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, my Berry French Toast Casserole and my Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins!
How to make almond Blueberry Overnight Oats:
Read on for the detailed steps, or scroll down for how long the overnight oats keep in the fridge, more tips to make this recipe foolproof and the printable recipe card.
It’s very simple to make these.
- Stir all ingredients together
- Evenly divide between individual jars
- Cover the jars and refrigerate overnight
- Serve cold
Some extra tips for making your overnight oats:
- we like a mix of quick oats and old fashioned oats for best creaminess and texture – use all quick oats if you don’t have time for an overnight soak
- for a large family, increase the recipe amounts (the recipe card below calculates it for you – just adjust the serving size according to your needs!) and prep the oats in a large – everyone can serve themselves in the morning and you save time by skipping stirring everything together in individual jars
- make these allergy friendly by using your favorite dairy-free yogurt and milk. use certified gluten free ingredients if necessary!
Can I make these overnight oats without chia seed?
The mix will feel quite liquid-y, but the chia will thicken it up in no time.
Speaking of chia: you can make this without if you like, just add 2 tablespoons more oats and a little less milk. You can also use flaxseed instead, but they have a stronger taste.
Do I have to add them to individual jars?
It’s obviously not crucial to pack the oats into individual jars. You can just make a large bowl and everybody helps themselves.
I like the jars because it’s pre-portioned, I don’t have to deal with sibling fights first thing in the morning and we can turn them into a grab-and-go breakfast if need be.
Overnight oats are actually quite amazing to feed a crowd, which is when one large bowl is perfect 😉
What if my oats end up too wet/too dry?
I like my overnight oats very creamy. If they seem too wet to you in the morning, you can add some extra chia and wait for a few minutes. I wouldn’t recommend adding more chia than states in the recipe if giving this to young children though.
If the oats seem too dry/sticky, just add a bit of milk or yogurt and they should be fine.
More Overnight Oats You’ll Love:
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Coconut Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chip Banana Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
And if you liked these recipes, there’s plenty more to make family meals easier for you! Be sure to join my FREE recipe circle here to get easy recipes by email.
P.S: If you tried this recipe, why not leave me a comment below to let me know how you liked it?
Almond Blueberry Overnight Oats
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup blueberries plus extra for topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds OR almond butter for young kids
- Stir all ingredients together very well.
- Divide between jars and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight, then serve cold topped with extra fruit.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
One more thing before you head off… If you need more easy recipes in your life, make sure you’re one the Savory Nothings eMail list! You can click here to sign up.