made it? tap the stars to add your rating!
A quick and easy sandwich filling made with grilled chicken, celery, apple and pecans!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise OR yogurt or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 1 stick celery diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 green onion chopped
- dried or fresh dill to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, chop evenly.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add more mayo/yogurt and seasoning to taste. Stir well. Serve cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it turned out!
Cooking tipsFeel free to bake or poach the chicken instead of grilling. Grilling the chicken definitely adds the most flavor to the salad though!
- Chicken: Rotisserie chicken can be used instead of cooking your own chicken. Cooked turkey works, too.
- Pecans: Feel free to leave out the nuts. Otherwise, walnuts or slivered almonds work, too.
- Mayo or yogurt? Mayo makes for a richer salad, yogurt for a lighter/healthier. You can also use a combination of both.
StorageKeep the salad covered in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Calories: 241kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 17gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 184mgPotassium: 373mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 92IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Chicken salad is such an easy lunch! It’s one of our favorites to make when we’re short on time and want something quick and fresh.
It’s also great on croissants for brunch – Mother’s Day, anyone?! For lunch I usually serve it on rye or on bagels. So good!
Add a Review or Ask a Question