This One Sheet Pan Greek Style Easy Baked Chicken Dinner will save you at dinner time! You can throw everything onto your sheet pan and let it bake into a delicious dinner. The sauce that forms is so good!
Who is hungry for some oven baked chicken?
I really hope you just raised your hand almost to the ceiling, because that’s pretty much how excited I am to share this recipe today!
How this recipe works
Anyway, what I love most about this recipe for baked chicken is that it’s not just yummy to eat but also pretty healthy!
There’s heart-healthy olive oil, a whole bunch of roasted veggies, more good fats from the olives and protein from the chicken and the feta cheese.
Yes, chicken breasts would be even healthier, but I like to enjoy a bit of variety and breasts dry out a lot quicker in the oven than wings (unless you bury them under all the good things).
There is a bit of peeling and chopping involved in this recipe, but everything can be left rather chunky so it doesn’t take an awful lot of time.
Recipe tips and tricks
If you cut your veggies too small they will turn out mushy and overcooked, so don’t be afraid to be a bit lazy with your knife skills here.
Stirring around the vegetables after half the baking time ensures that they don’t burn on the edges and that they are evenly coated in the delicious sauce that forms.
I prefer to add the Feta cheese after baking, but you could add it after the initial 20 minutes with the lemon, olives and anchovy if you prefer. Do make sure to discard the lemon before serving, as the flesh will become bitter in the oven.
Other than that this recipe is really easy-peasy! If you try it I’m sure it will win a spot in your chicken recipes folder.
More chicken recipes
PS If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section and add a star rating in the recipe card – I appreciate your feedback! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
One Sheet Pan Greek Style Easy Baked Chicken Dinner
- 2 pounds small waxy potatoes peeled and halved, depending on how much your family eats
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 large red onions halved and then cut into large chunks
- 1 pound chicken pieces I used large chicken wings
- 1 medium lemon sliced
- 3 ounces black Kalamata olives or whatever black olives you can find
- 3 pieces anchovy filets torn (optional)
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 430°F (220°C) (or 390°F (200°C) convection).
- Place the potatoes on a deep sheet pan and toss them with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon dried thyme and ½ teaspoon ground paprika.
- Add the vegetables and chicken pieces, then toss everything with the remaining seasoning. Make sure to really rub the seasoning and oil into the chicken, that way you’ll ensure tender meat and a crispy and flavourful skin. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables and potatoes and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and stick the lemon slices in between the chicken pieces. Scatter the olives and anchovy filets on top, if using, and finish baking for another 20-25 minutes until the chicken is browned and crispy and cooked through all the way.
- Discard the lemon and serve immediately topped with crumbled feta cheese.