This One Sheet Pan Greek Style Easy Baked Chicken Dinner will save you at dinner time! You can throw everything onto your sheet pan and let it bake into a delicious dinner. The sauce that forms is so good!
Who is hungry for some oven baked chicken?
I really hope you just raised your hand almost to the ceiling, because that’s pretty much how excited I am to share this recipe today!
I’m a huge fan of dinners made on one tray. Or in one pot.
Or one pan. But I digress!
The only problem is that they are not exactly photogenic. So while I had my family munch through tray after tray of delicious but ugly chicken, I’m really glad to tell you I finally made a pretty version. Basically my personal best baked chicken scenario!
The cute baking dish I just got (this one on Amazon looks so similar!*) doesn’t hurt either, when I got it I was about as excited as a six year old girl when she gets her first Barbie doll.
Are Barbie dolls even still a thing? Because if they’re not lots of little brothers will have lost their jobs as Senior Unwanted Barbie Hair Chopper. #bigsistersneverforget
Anyway, what I love most about this recipe for baked chicken is that it’s not just yummy to eat but also pretty healthy!
There’s heart-healthy olive oil, a whole bunch of roasted veggies, more good fats from the olives and protein from the chicken and the feta cheese.
Yes, chicken breasts would be even healthier, but I like to enjoy a bit of variety and breasts dry out a lot quicker in the oven than wings (unless you bury them under all the good things).
There is a bit of peeling and chopping involved in this recipe, but everything can be left rather chunky so it doesn’t take an awful lot of time.
If you cut your veggies too small they will turn out mushy and overcooked, so don’t be afraid to be a bit lazy with your knife skills here.
Stirring around the vegetables after half the baking time ensures that they don’t burn on the edges and that they are evenly coated in the delicious sauce that forms.
I prefer to add the Feta cheese after baking, but you could add it after the initial 20 minutes with the lemon, olives and anchovy if you prefer. Do make sure to discard the lemon before serving, as the flesh will become bitter in the oven.
Other than that this recipe is really easy-peasy! If you try it I’m sure it will win a spot in your healthy baked chicken recipes folder.
And if you happen to snap a picture for said recipe folder don’t hesitate to share it on Instagram or Facebook, and make sure to tag @savorynothings! I always get so excited when I see your creations!
One Sheet Pan Greek Style Easy Baked Chicken Dinner Recipe
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 2 pounds small waxy potatoes peeled and halved, depending on how much your family eats
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 large red onions halved and then cut into large chunks
- 1 pound chicken pieces I used large chicken wings
- 1 medium lemon sliced
- 3 ounces black Kalamata olives or whatever black olives you can find
- 3 pieces anchovy filets torn (optional)
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 430°F (220°C) (or 390°F (200°C) convection).
- Place the potatoes on a deep sheet pan and toss them with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon dried thyme and 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika.
- Add the vegetables and chicken pieces, then toss everything with the remaining seasoning. Make sure to really rub the seasoning and oil into the chicken, that way you’ll ensure tender meat and a crispy and flavourful skin. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables and potatoes and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and stick the lemon slices in between the chicken pieces. Scatter the olives and anchovy filets on top, if using, and finish baking for another 20-25 minutes until the chicken is browned and crispy and cooked through all the way.
- Discard the lemon and serve immediately topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.