Speed up dinner prep (and avoid lots of dish washing) with this Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner. Everything cooks right on the one pan – from the chicken to the asparagus and even the potatoes!
Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner – can you say it 5 times fast in a row?
The good news is though: As much as the name of this recipe it is a mouthful of a word jumble, making it is actually incredibly easy.
Sheet pan meals are a regular staple when it comes to my meal planning, and this one is definitely happening on a weekly basis during asparagus season around here!
How to make a Chicken, Asparagus and Potato Dinner on One Sheet Pan:
How long does it take to bake chicken thighs?
The chicken thighs take around 30-35 minutes to bake.
Since the asparagus is done a lot faster, it goes on the sheet pan for only the last 10-15 minutes, that way you don’t end up with overcooked vegetables.
To make sure everything fits on one pan, you’ll place the chicken on top of the potatoes after the first 20 minutes.
That way the juices from the chicken drip down on the potatoes and give them so much extra flavor – win!
Can I use regular potatoes instead of baby potatoes?
Yes, you can. It’s just a little extra prep work.
If using regular potatoes, you might want to peel them (depending on the cleanliness/toughness of their skin).
You’ll also want to dice them into roughly 1.5 inch pieces, or they won’t cook through.
What other flavors goes well with asparagus and chicken?
If you don’t have any lemon (or don’t like it), you can also use the balsamic marinade from my Balsamic Glazed Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner on the chicken thighs instead.
And if you just want to switch it up a little, you can also try my Greek Chicken Marinade.
More Sheet Pan Dinners You’ll Love:
Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1.5 pounds new potatoes halved
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs visible fat removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 pound asparagus tough ends trimmed
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prep potatoes: Place the potatoes on one half of a sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika, salt and pepper. Toss well and arrange neatly.
- Prep chicken: Place the chicken thighs on the other half of the sheet pan. Rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange neatly and top with lemon slices.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus: Remove sheet pan from oven. With kitchen tongues, carefully place the chicken on top of the potatoes. Place the asparagus on the now empty side of the sheet pan and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper and carefully toss with kitchen tongues. Finish baking for 10-15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and chicken is done.