This is the BEST Easy Homemade Pizza Dough. You don’t even need to knead it: Prep is so quick, you just have to stir everything into a bowl and let it rise!
Another easy-peasy recipe for from-scratch cooking that makes take-out (or a restaurant visit) unnecessary! For more easy better-at-home recipes, see my Easy Chicken Fried Rice, my Crispy Oven Fried Chicken or my Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets!
Is “Homemade Pizza Night” something you once put on a NY resolution list, only to never actually follow through?
The dough making… The mess… The kneading… The ROLLING!
It’s just too much, right?!
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Video Tutorial:
I don’t blame you… I tried to make pizza night happen for years before caving in and buying the frozen dough.
BUT then I started making my No Knead French Bread… And my BEST EVER No Knead Bread (and, ahem, No Knead Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, anyone??) – and I figured I might just as well make pizza with this dough.
AND IT WORKED!!!
This pizza dough turns out so crusty, soft and fluffy all at the same time. pretty much perfect!
This Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
- comes together without kneading! just stir and then let it sit!!!
- takes about 3 minutes of prep
- doesn’t need to be rolled – it’s so soft, you can just stretch it out with your hands!
So now, homemade pizza night is an actual thing around here. For real.
One of my favorite Italian meals I cheat with to make easy (shhhh don’t tell your Italian grandma!). Just like my One Skillet Lasagna, my One Pot “Baked” Ziti, my One Pot Rigatoni Bolognese, my One Dish Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Bake…
I guess I just really love making life easier for myself in the kitchen 😉
How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
Read on for the detailed steps, or scroll down for more tips to make this recipe foolproof and the printable recipe card.
1 – Mix water, yeast and honey in a measuring jug and set aside while mixing flour and salt in a bowl. Add the water mix to the flour and stir until a sticky dough forms, then cover and set aside until doubled in size.
2 – Make your pizza.
It’s SO EASY!!
Now a note about step 2: The making a pizza part is easier with this dough, too.
Because you don’t need to roll the dough (you can’t, it’s too soft anyways). Have you ever tried to roll out a pizza dough, only to constantly have it shrink back??
Yeah… It’s annoying and messy and time-consuming.
This dough! Just line your baking sheet and then generously flour it.
Click here to order Silpat mats on Amazon – just make sure you’re picking the right size! (This is an affiliate link and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.)
Dump the dough on there and sprinkle with flour, then stretch and spread it with your hands. Make sure you stretch it out fairly thin, it does rise a lot during baking.
This amount of dough easily makes two large, round pizzas.
But yeah, no rolling. It’s super easy, and it’s a lot faster than rolling, too!
Tips for the Best Homemade Pizza Dough:
- you can make this with half whole wheat flour, half white. I do not recommend all whole wheat flour.
- I do not recommend freezing this dough, it turns out super messy once thawed, and it loses a lot of its rising powder
Why can’t you freeze this pizza dough?
I know, I know… It’s SO convenient to have stuff like this stocked in the freezer.
And I tested and tested… But no. It just doesn’t work.
The consistency of the dough is just too soft and lose to survive the freezing plus defrosting 🙁
But the good thing is, it’s so quick to throw together – you barely notice you prepped dinner.
Do you make your own pizza sauce?
Here’s the good news: Yes.
Here’s the even better news: I don’t actually cook a sauce. I stir together tomato paste + olive oil + water + Italian seasoning + salt. That’s it!
What are some good toppings for pizza?
If you need some inspiration for great pizza toppings, here are some of our favorite combinations:
- simple – mozzarella, basil pesto, a few black olives, fresh basil after baking ❤️
- pungent – anchovies, black olives, sliced onion, minced garlic, mozzarella
- Greek – sliced zucchini, sliced pepper, black olives, Feta cheese
- kid-favorite – sausage, sweet corn, mozzarella
- my favorite – sliced mushrooms, ham, sliced peppers, mozzarella
P.S: If you tried this recipe, why not leave me a comment below to let me know how you liked it?
I LOVE interacting with you and hearing about your experience with my recipe. Also, by adding a comment and star rating you’re helping Savory Nothings grow and get even better for you!
Easy Homemade Pizza Doughmade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
- Measuring Jug
- 1 3/4 cups luke-warm water
- 1 packet active dried yeast (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place water, yeast and honey in a medium-large measuring jug and whik well. set aside until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the water mix and stir until a sticky dough forms. Cover and set aside until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- To make pizza: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet and flour it generously. Place half of the pizza dough on the baking sheet and sprinkle with flour. Using your hands, push and stretch it into a large circle. Add your favorite toppings, then bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the bottom is browned and the dough no longer raw. Proceed the same way with the other half of the dough.
More recipe information:
One more thing before you head off… If you need more easy recipes in your life, make sure you’re one the Savory Nothings eMail list! You can click here to sign up.