Cranberry Gingerbread Energy Bites are a tasty Christmas inspired snack made from healthy ingredients.
There’s so much classic Christmas tastes in these energy bites: Gingerbread spice, cranberries, walnuts, dates, almonds… Incredibly good.
I’ve been whipping up lots of batches of these little bites this month, my kids go through them super fast. Or maybe it’s me at midnight, I won’t tell 😉
Either way, this cranberry gingerbread version is one of my favourite ways to ease into the winter mood right now!
Cranberry Gingerbread Energy Bites
- ¾ cup dried dates
- ½ cup dried figs
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup rolled oats use certified gluten free if necessary!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chop: Add all ingredients to a powerful food processor and process until smooth (it will take 5 minutes! But don’t stop as long as it looks grainy). It has to look a little like chocolate cookie dough.
- Tip: Give your food processor a break every minute or so and scrape the sides. If your processor can’t handle it, try pulsing a little of the ingredients at a time, adding more as you go until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Shape: Roll into balls (I keep them small because of my hungry munchkins) and store in the fridge or freezer.
Add a Review or Ask a Question