- ½ medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2-3 medium carrots (shredded)
- 2-3 sticks celery (sliced)
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup(12-oz) can evaporated milk
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 17.5-oz package gnocchi
- 2-4 cups baby spinach
- Slow cook: Place onion, carrots and celery at the bottom of the crock. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and sit on top of vegetables. Combine broth, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and minced garlic in measuring jug, then pour over chicken and vegetables in crock. Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours, or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken: Open lid of slow cooker and remove chicken to a wooden board, then shred chicken with two forks. Whisk cornstarch into evaporated milk, then stir into soup together with gnocchi and shredded chicken. Cover and cook for another 45 minutes on HIGH.
- Finish soup: Stir spinach into soup until wilted. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.