- 12 ounces fettuccine (or spaghetti, or linguine)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- salt (black pepper, garlic powder; to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Once pasta is done, melt butter in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add cream, then reduce heat to low, whisk in cheese and seasoning and whisk until cheese has melted (this will only take a short amount of time).
- Toss in pasta until heated through and coated in a silky sauce. Serve right away with extra parmesan cheese.