- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz spaghetti (uncooked, broken in half)
- 2 1/4 cups broth (beef or chicken are both fine; see notes)
- 28- oz jar spaghetti sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Cook vegetables and ground beef: Set a 6-quart electric pressure cooker to "sauté". Add oil, then add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent. Add ground beef and seasoning, stir well and cook until browned. Switch off instant pot.
- Add pasta and sauce: Evenly place uncooked spaghetti over beef and vegetable mixture. Pour in broth (it should come up to the spaghetti). Spread the spaghetti sauce on top. Do not stir!
- Pressure cook: Close lid and set the valve to "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Quick release pressure, then open the lid. Stir well and serve immediately with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.