This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is a quick and refreshing side dish for summer. The easy homemade dressing and fresh herbs make this the best ever summer salad!
There’s really not much I can say about this recipe.
I mean, come on: It’s a salad.
You chop the things. You mix the dressing stuff. You toss it all together. Done.
Just be careful you don’t overtoss. Or toss too enthusiastically.
You’ll smash all the avocado and end up making cucumber tomato salad with avocado dressing.
Not that it would be the most awful thing, but look at the gorgeous homemade salad dressing you’re already adding:
Also, do not skip the herbs. I repeat: Do not skip the fresh herbs. They make this salad.
I promise you won’t regret taking an extra 30 seconds to snip up a few greens – just take clean kitchen shears and cut them right into the salad bowl. Easy peasy.
A word of warning: If you have big salad eaters at home, double the recipe. My 2 and 4 year old kids could probably finish the bowl between the two of them.
And that is really all I have to say about this recipe. Other than maybe to make a batch of No Knead French Bread to serve on the side.
Word salad over. You’re welcome 😉
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Saladmade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
For the Salad:
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced into half-moons)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1 small-medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (chopped (we like chives, parsley and basil))
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add all salad ingredients to a large serving bowl. Place all dressing ingredients in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well.
- Pour as much dressing over the salad as you like and gently toss. We are a more is more family when it comes to dressing, so we usually use all of it, but if you want your salad only lightly dressed, you can keep leftover dressing in the fridge for up to 3 days.