- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 16-oz package gnocchi
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a deep 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Brown beef: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and crumbly. Remove to the prepared casserole dish.
- Assemble casserole: Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the cheese to the casserole dish. Stir well, making sure the seasoning is well distributed. Check for seasoning, adding more salt as needed and evenly top with shredded cheese.
- Bake: Bake casserole in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until bake is bubbly and cheese has melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.