This White Balsamic Vinaigrette is a delicious homemade salad dressing you can whip up in less than 5 minutes! It tastes so much better than store-bought – make a large batch and keep it in the fridge for easy meal prep!
White Balsamic Vinaigrette was about the only dressing allowed to touch my salad as a kid. I already told you about my younger self’s disastrous opinion on Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, so it only seemed appropriate to share my then-favorite dressing, too.
Also, it’s super delicious and my own kids love it so much, they basically drink it. Should I be worried about this? 🙈
We always have a jar of homemade salad dressing in the fridge, and this is one I make at least once a month. That and my Lemon Poppy Seed Salad Dressing. Obsessed!
This vinaigrette goes with so many different salads – spinach salad with fresh summer berries, a tossed salad, cucumber salad… So versatile, it never has to get boring.
What I love most about this White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- It’s easy peasy! no need to buy the bottled stuff once you learn how to make this in 5 minutes flat.
- It’s meal prep friendly. This recipe usually lasts us for an entire work week, we just keep it in the fridge in a clean jar and take what we need. I usually make a half batch of this one and a half batch of something else, like my Honey Mustard Salad Dressing for example.
- It‘s sooo good! I know, duh. But it’s worth repeating. It’s a quite refreshing salad dressing that works especially well on summer salads.
I love how this turns out so creamy and delicious without using any artificial ingredients – the honey and mustard help emulsifying the oil and vinegar and really make this dressing.
By the way, I love using small Weck jars to keep my homemade salad dressings in the fridge. Their lids are not THE most convenient ones as far as opening and closing again goes, but I prefer them over the metal lids Ball jars come with, because they get gross and rusty when in constant touch with acidic dressing very quickly. The Weck jars have glass lids (I don’t put a rubber seal when I just keep salad dressing in the fridge!) that can be washed indefinitely vs always buying new jar lids. I LOVE my Ball jars for dry ingredients like nuts, though!
You can find the small Weck jars from the photo above here on Amazon, but there’s also large ones available if you want to store a larger amount of dressing. FYI, I make a small commission for purchases made through that link.
So jar talk aside, what I love to the moon and back about this “recipe” is that it requires exactly ONE step to make.
How to make White Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Whisk all ingredients together.
So quick and easy! No special equipment needed, no special cooking skills required… My three year old basically makes this by herself 😉
Now if I’m only making one batch, I’ll whisk it up straight in the salad bowl (no need to dirty another dish!). But if I want a large batch for storage I just add all ingredients to a Weck jar, close the lid, shake and place in the fridge.
You can label with the date if you’re organized and stuff.
I totally get why my mini-self refused to eat any other salad dressing. A White Balsamic Vinaigrette definitely feels special without actually being hard or time-consuming to make.
Make it, try it, then tell me what you think – worth the 5 minutes of effort?
Get the White Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing recipe here:
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Keep in a clean, tightly sealed jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.