Greek Salad Dressing is an easy homemade dressing you can whip up in minutes. Free from processed ingredients and absolutely delicious! Try it on Greek salad this week – your family will love it.
You know those bottles of salad dressing you can buy at the store? That make you believe it’s easy to eat healthy salads all the time?
Have you ever turned one of them around and read the label?
It makes my face go so sad 😔
With salad dressings, if you want to avoid artificial flavors, emulsifiers, thickeners and whatnot, you either have to buy an expensive organic brand… Or make your own.
It’s SO simple to whip up your own, and you can make them ahead and keep them in the fridge for a few days. Also, I promise, it tastes so much better to eat a salad with an actual dressing made from real ingredients like oil and vinegar – instead of flavors, water, emulsifiers and thickeners.
How To Make Greek Dressing
The Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- dried garlic powder
- dried oregano
- black pepper
I know this looks like quite the list of ingredients to measure out… But I promise it doesn’t take a lot of time, and it’s WORTH IT.
A few tips for the best greek salad dressing:
- The vinegar sets at the bottom of the dressing, which is normal. It’s easiest to get the dressing just right with a small whisk, but a fork or simply shaking the jar works as well.
- I have never tried storing the dressing in the fridge for longer than 3-4 days, so that’s the maximum I would recommend.
- If you don’t have red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar is delicious, too.
This is a dressing that definitely leaves a smile on my face! We love using this on a chopped Greek salad or a Greek pasta salad.
It would be delicious with my chopped greek salad stuffed avocados!
I always have some homemade salad dressing in the fridge for the daily salads we’re eating around here!
Get the printable recipe here:
Greek Salad Dressing
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together and keep the dressing in a clean, well-closed jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.