This might just be the best creamy, simple spaghetti carbonara recipe ever. Who knew it was this easy to make?!
Seriously guys. THE BEST EVER.
And I should know. I’m a Carbonara expert. Because when I was a kid I hated everything made with cream.
Well, maybe I need to explain the whole expert thing.
See, I wasn’t all that popular in kindergarten. OK, I’m not all that popular ever but that aside…
Back to my unpopular days way back in time when my biggest issues were a) being shy and b) speaking a different dialect than everyone else.
Being made fun of because of the way I talked and too shy to defend myself wasn’t exactly a great combination. There was one very nice girl though who didn’t mind my weird way of speaking. She was two years older than me and I absolutely adored her.
So I tried to be very much like her. Yes, I was already pretty impressionable at the ripe old age of four.
I was lucky to be spending a lot of time with her because our parents got along pretty well.
We even went on a skiing holiday together and I was SO excited to sleep in a bed right next to my bestie. I can’t even remember ever being in a fight with her, that’s how nice she was.
Because you know, I was WAY too shy to start any kind of argument – especially not with my heroine.
Now I told you I hated everything cream, even ice cream.
Yep, that’s right, not even kidding. I was a child who hated ice cream. From the bottom of my heart hated it.
And my biggest problem at the time? My idol’s favorite food ever was… Spaghetti Carbonara. Oh boy. I was in some serious trouble.
Now don’t get me wrong, I tried my best to like it. My mom used to take me to this pasta place called “Spaghetti Factory” sometimes and I would always order the Spaghetti Carbonara even though I knew I really hated that dish.
And every time, without fail, I’d have a few bites and push the plate away. My mom must have gone nuts because of me.
And even into adulthood I never gave up trying to get closer to the Carbonara kind. And I miserably failed.
But guys, something brilliant happened. I finally found my Holy Grail of creamy pasta.
Not only is it the easiest dinner recipe ever (ready in 20 MINUTES!), it’s also unbelievably delicious.
There’s just the right amount of cream in there, not as much as to make you feel like you’re eating it straight from the carton and not as little as to render a dry dish.
By the way: These are my favourite spaghettiand you can even order them on Amazon*.
Really. I’m not kidding. This will rock your world. Turn your frown upside down. Keep you calm to carry on. K, I’m done now, bye.
Ha! Sneaky! Because once more: BEST SIMPLE SPAGHETTI CARBONARA EVER!
Simple Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 1/2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 3 1/2 ounces streaky bacon cut into short strips
- Pepper to taste
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon strips and cook until crispy.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking mix the egg yolks, cream and parmesan cheese together in a measuring cup.
- Once the spaghetti have finished cooking drain and add back to the pot. Add the egg mixture and toss. Put the pot back on the heat and continue cooking for a few minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken. Season with pepper.
- Divide between four plates and serve topped with the bacon and extra parmesan cheese.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.