Honey Butter Thyme Crockpot Glazed Carrots are an easy and delicious side dish, perfect for holidays and special dinners. Sweet, buttery and perfectly tender, these keep your oven free and practically make themselves!
I love using my slow cooker for holiday meals, they make dinner prep so much easier. For more holiday slow cooker recipes, see my Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham, my Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider or my Crock Pot Bread Pudding.
I don’t always love my crockpot.
I routinely give mine away, only to go out and get another one. What can I say, all the secondhand shops in my surroundings have gotten used to my regular kitchen appliance donations…
But sometimes I really love my crockpot, like when I make buttery, sweet and tender glazed carrots in it.
These Crock Pot Glazed Carrots
- are SO, so, so easy to make! they’re barely any work
- taste absolutely delicious in their honey butter glaze
- can be made for a crowd – just use a larger crockpot and double the recipe!
We pretty much always have at least one vegetable side dish with our main meals, holiday dinners or not.
And even on busy weeknights, I appreciate the ease of whipping up a side dish that doesn’t give me too much work.
We eat a lot of salads during the summer, but I don’t always want to eat salads. To switch things up, we make things like Sautéed Green Beans, Sautéed Zucchini, Roasted Brussels Sprouts or Roasted Asparagus. Or these carrots, yum!
How to Make Crock Pot Glazed Carrots:
Read on for the detailed steps, or scroll down for more tips to make this recipe foolproof and the printable recipe card.
1 – This recipe really barely counts as a recipe. Your first step is to peel and slice the carrots.
2 – Your second step is to throw everything in the crockpot.
Then let the crockpot work its magic.
It really is that easy!
My best tips for foolproof crockpot glazed carrots:
- There’s no need to melt the butter before adding it to the crockpot. After a while, I just hold down the lid lightly and give everything a shake – easy and way less hassle, plus one less dish to wash.
- Use a smaller crockpot – mine is just 3.5 quart. That way the carrots get a really nice glaze. In a large crockpot, you’ll want to make a double batch or you’ll risk a lot of burning.
- Make the glaze even glazier by removing the lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Stir a few times with a wooden spoon to make sure all the carrots are coated.
Can I make these with brown sugar instead of honey?
Yes, you can!
Just use brown sugar in place of the honey called for in the recipe.
Can I cook these on LOW?
Yes, cook them on LOW for 5-6 hours instead of cooking them on HIGH.
P.S: If you tried this recipe, why not leave me a comment below to let me know how you liked it?
I LOVE interacting with you and hearing about your experience with my recipe. Also, by adding a comment and star rating you’re helping Savory Nothings grow and get even better for you!
Honey Butter Thyme Crockpot Glazed Carrots
- 1.5 pounds carrots peeled, trimmed and cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a 3.5 – 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until the carrots are tender. Lightly shake the crockpot WITHOUT removing the lid as soon as the butter has melted (about 15-30 minutes into cooking), to make sure the carrots are all coated.
- To thicken the glaze, remove the lid and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time.