For a perfect holiday dinner, try this Crockpot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham. With little prep and the crock pot doing all the work, this is the ultimate easy recipe!
Let me be upfront about this: Ham is not my favorite. But my 4 year old LOVES it, so every once in a while… I cook an entire ham.
And since pineapple and pork together is actually one of my favorite food combos, the glaze makes it pretty tolerable 😉
This is my go-to recipe for when I decide to make ham for a special holiday or celebration. And while I usually don’t douse dinner in brown sugar…
There’s not really any other way here, so I just go with it 😉
How to Cook a Ham with Pineapple in the Crockpot:
How to make a brown sugar pineapple ham glaze:
It’s incredibly easy to make the pineapple glaze.
Basically, it’s crushed pineapple (with the juice), some orange juice for flavor, brown sugar and spices cooked into a sticky glaze.
Really, no sorcery behind it!
What kind of ham do I have to use?
Use a boneless ham labelled as “fully cooked”.
A spiral-cut ham is NOT preferable for this recipe, they tend to dry out in the slow cooker.
Can I make this without a slow cooker?
Yes, you can bake this in a Dutch oven!
Simply follow the instructions, but instead of cooking the ham in the slow cooker, baked it in a Dutch oven with the lid on at 350°F for around 20 minutes per pound.
If you have time, baste it a few times with the glaze during baking time.
How hot should a ham be in the middle?
Ham cooking temperatures are somewhat confusing.
If you have a vacuum packed, fully-cooked ham from a government-inspected plant, 145°F is the recommended internal temperature to heat it to.
Crockpot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (about 5 pounds; preferably NOT pre-sliced; they tend to dry out in the slow cooker)
- 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple packed in juice undrained
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- pinch ground cloves optional
- Place the ham in a lightly greased 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring from time to time, until bubbly. Pour over the ham.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until the internal temperature of the ham reads at least 145°F. Rest on a chopping board for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with the pineapple glaze.