Crispy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are not only delicious, but they also look so pretty! Try them as a side dish for your next big family dinner or holiday gathering – these are always a big hit with everyone!
I’m going to play the honesty card right now: I didn’t know what fingerling potatoes were.
There, I said it. Food blogger, married to a professional chef, self proclaimed food lover, grew up on a farm, lives in the countryside. Did not know fingerling potatoes.
Is this an embarrassing thing to admit? Because I feel like it kind of is. I started seeing fingerling potato recipes come up in my Pinterest feed for Easter, and I had to go and read up on what they were. Not my inner foodie’s proudest moment.
Well, now I know and I wanted to share this little story with you (apparently I’m just a regular human who doesn’t know everything? the horror 😂), so I obviously have to share my recipe for making golden crispy roasted fingerling potatoes.
Since roasting potatoes is pretty much the same whatever kind of potato you’re using, I just wanted to tell you my handful of secrets to achieve that perfect golden state of blissfulness. Yes, I just said a perfect roast potato is a state of bliss. Out loud. On the internet. Hm.
And like that your roasted potatoes should definitely achieve bliss-state 😉
To these fingerling potatoes I didn’t add much else after baking but a healthy dose of cracked black pepper, coarse sea salt and fresh flat-leaf parsley. I think they look pretty enough as they are – that shiny golden surface has me all 😍😍
Seriously, once you’ve made these you won’t BELIEVE how easy it is to make roasted potatoes! Pinky promise.
This is an incredibly simple side dish, that still feels so very special. Once you’ve made it a couple of times, you can whip it up in your sleep!
And the best part is that it is truly loved by everyone. After I photographed these, my kids sat down on the bottom step of our house stairs and gobbled them up like fries with some Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip.
I guess they’re pretty glad their mom finally knows about fingerling potatoes… Going to start serving these with my Baked Whole Fish recipe now, just in case you need an idea 😉
Crispy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes washed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Handful fresh rosemary sprigs
- Coarse sea salt cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley, to serve (optional)
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 420°F (220°C). Place a dark-colored baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Season the potatoes: Carefully toss the cut potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. Make sure all potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add potatoes to baking sheet: Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven using oven gloves. Spray with a light coating of oil. Place the potatoes on it in a single layer with their cut side DOWN. Tuck the rosemary sprigs in between the potatoes.
- Bake: Bake the potatoes for around 25-30 minutes, or until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. You can finish under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to really crisp up the top as well.
- Garnish: Sprinkle the hot potatoes with black pepper, sea salt flaked and fresh parsley, if you like. Serve immediately.