Crispy Oven Fried Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce is an easy Mexican inspired dinner recipe your whole family will love! Easy to make and so perfect for Cinco de Mayo and summer.
Did you know I love all things oven fried? Well, if you didn’t then you must have been sleeping under a rock, ha! Or you simply missed my all-time favorite Crispy Oven Fried Chicken recipe – and the Oven Fried Fish, too.
Anyways, with Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I knew you just needed another taco recipe. One can never have too many taco recipes 😉
- Follow the breading method exactly, or the breading will not stick to the shrimp.
- I recommend using a dark sheet pan to oven-fry the shrimp. It reflects the heat best and yields the crispiest shrimp.
- Do not skip pre-heating the pan! This is key to getting the crispiest coating on your shrimp.
- If you want to be in full control of your seasoning, try my homemade taco seasoning!
Watch the recipe video
More taco recipes
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Crispy Oven Fried Shrimp Tacos
For the shrimp
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pound shrimp
For the sauce
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 lime juice only
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro or more to taste!
- salt + pepper to taste
- 8 taco shells
- shredded red cabbage, fresh cilantro, avocado, lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a dark cookie sheet into the oven to heat up.
- Whisk the flour and taco seasoning together in a large bowl. Beat the egg in a second bowl. Place the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Place the shrimp into the bowl with the flour and toss. Shake off any excess, then dip them first into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Get the cookie sheet out of the oven and drizzle with oil. Place the shrimp on the cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes or until done.
- While the shrimp is baking, make the sauce by stirring all sauce ingredients together. Serve the hot shrimp with taco shells, toppings and sauce.