Crispy Oven Fried Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce is an easy Mexican inspired dinner recipe your whole family will love! Easy to make and so perfect for Cinco de Mayo and summer.
Watch the Crispy Oven Fried Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce Recipe Video here:
Did you know I love all things oven fried?
Well, if you didn’t then you must have been sleeping under a rock, ha! Or you simply missed my all-time favorite Crispy Oven Fried Chicken recipe.
Though that’s kind of hard to miss, because the Internet is all over it.
Anyways, with Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I knew you just needed another taco recipe. One can never have too many taco recipes 😉
Last year I made Baja Fish Tacos, and they’re scrumptious, but now I wanted to switch things up.
Since we live totally out in the countryside and it takes me at least 30 minutes (one way) to get to a supermarket, I love to keep my freezer stocked with things like
ice cream and butter frozen vegetables.
Oh, and bags of shrimp.
I absolutely live for #TacoTuesday, but I do always try to pack our food with lots of garden-fresh goodness. Thankfully that’s pretty easy with Mexican food!
Which is why the shrimp for these tacos is not deep fried but baked and the sauce is made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Even though I don’t always say no to sour cream 😉
The key to perfectly crispy oven fried shrimp is as follows:
Follow the steps exactly when breading
One bowl has flour and seasoning. One bowl has beaten egg. One bowl has breadcrumbs.
The shrimp needs to be coated in this exact order. First flour. Then egg. Then breadcrumbs.
If you know of a better way, please let me know. Kidding, there is no better way.
Use a dark cookie sheet
Just do ittttt. If you don’t have a dark cookie sheet you can get one right here on Amazon*.
Once you have the perfect oven fried shrinp, there’s nothing in the way of your tacos!
We also love shredded red cabbage, fresh cilantro and avocado on these babies. And I find a drizzle of fresh lime juice gives them some extra kick.
You could even add some chopped chili, I don’t because I’m not actively trying to find out exactly how mad my toddler can get.
She’s already very opinionated at the dining table, and if you tell me it’s no big deal when her favorite spoon is in the dishwasher then you have never tried to convince a 2 1/2 year old that yes, she can eat dinner with the yellow spoon, indeed.
So bottom line – no chili for us, but go for it if you’re not getting into trouble if you have to deny one of your tiny dinner guests an ingredient you’re putting on your own food.
Here’s the printable recipe for Crispy Oven Fried Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce:
For the Shrimp
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pound shrimp
For the Sauce
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juice only
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro, or more to taste!
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 8 taco shells
- shredded red cabbage, fresh cilantro, avocado, lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a dark cookie sheet into the oven to heat up.
- Whisk the flour and taco seasoning together in a large bowl. Beat the egg in a second bowl. Place the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Place the shrimp into the bowl with the flour and toss. Shake off any excess, then dip them first into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Get the cookie sheet out of the oven and drizzle with oil. Place the shrimp on the cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes or until done.
- While the shrimp is baking, make the sauce by stirring all sauce ingredients together. Serve the hot shrimp with taco shells, toppings and sauce.
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.