This easy Pineapple Salsa is the perfect heathy dip for chips, or serve it as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
We love nothing more than making a meal out of chips and dip during the hot summer months.
But since that’s kind of… not the healthiest, haha! I like to at least make sure one of our dips is filled with fruit and veggies.
This pineapple is an absolute favorite – and so easy to make, I can usually muster up the strength to grill some chicken along the side as well!
How to Make Pineapple Salsa:
So, no tomato?
Nope, no tomato.
I don’t know why, but I just don’t enjoy tomato in fruity salsas.
If that’s something you like, feel free to add a chopped tomato to this.
Can you use canned pineapple?
Yes, of course!
I love using fresh, but canned in juice works very well, too.
Can you make this salsa ahead of time?
Thanks to the acid from the pineapple, this stays fresh for 24h in the fridge.
Just remember that the red onion will start to release some odors, so if you’re currently pregnant or otherwise sensitive to smells… Better add the onion right before serving 😉
What to serve with pineapple salsa?
We love this as an appetizer or snack with chips.
But it’s also a great topping for baked or grilled chicken or fish.
P.S: If you have picky eaters who will find a piece of onion the size of a breadcrumb, just serve chopped red onion on the side.
It’s worth it. Ask me how I know 🙈
Easy Pineapple Salsa
* These are affiliate links and I make a commission for purchases made after clicking through.
- 1 small pineapple chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste – I keep it on the mild end because I have small kids. You can also add a chopped up chili for some heat! Cover and refrigerate for up to 24h before serving.