Ever made your own Sweet Potato Fries? With an incredibly magic 5 minute Avocado Lime Dip? This is such a treat!
I absolutely adore sweet potatoes for the holidays. Twice baked sweet potatoes? Check. Melting sweet potato slices? Absolutely. But I wanted a way to eat them all the time during summer, too. And thus, my Mexican sweet potato fries were born!
Step by step photos
First, slice the sweet potatoes into fries and toss with salt and seasoning. Then, roast in the oven.
Then while the fries are baking, process the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small food processor:
And then serve the sauce with the hot fries!
These are the perfect side dish for your next Mexican fiesta. Which should take place tonight, and also have Avocado, Mango and Black Bean Salsa and Mexican Macaroni Salad, or else you’re totally missing out 😉
More side dishes
PS If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section and add a star rating in the recipe card – I appreciate your feedback! Follow along on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram.
Mexican Sweet Potato Friesmade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
For the Fries:
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into fries
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 green pepper
- 1 avocado small
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, taco seasoning and olive oil on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until turning golden.
- In the meantime, place all sauce ingredients into a mini food processor. Process until it has your desired consistency (can be more chunky or more smooth).
- Serve the hot fries with the dip.
More recipe information
Mexican Sweet Potato Fries Recipe first posted on Food Fanatic.
Add a Review or Ask a Question