- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 whole cloves (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 5 lb ham (fully cooked & boneless )
- Make glaze: To a small saucepan add the brown sugar, honey, mustard, orange juice, cornstarch, cloves and salt and whisk well. Bring to a boil while whisking often. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat. The glaze should have slightly thickened.
- Slow cook ham: Place the ham in a large slow cooker (make sure the cooker is large enough so that you can put the lid on!) and our the glaze on top. Close the lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Baste the ham every hour with the glaze, if you can.
- Serve: Check the ham to make sure the internal temperature has reached 140°F. Rest is on a chopping board for 10 minutes, then slice to serve. If the remaining glaze is too thin for your liking, place it in a small saucepan on the stove and whisk in a slurry of a couple of teaspoons cornstarch and 1-2 tablespoons cool water. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened to your liking. Serve over the ham.